Art gallery moves to Hitchin after 10 years in Little Wymondley
- Credit: Archant
An art gallery and tea room has moved from a village to a town centre.
After trading at the old barn in Little Wymondley for 10 years, the Copper Beech Art Gallery and vintage team rooms moved to Churchgate in Hitchin and opened for business last weekend.
The gallery showcases around 30 Hertfordshire artists, while the tea room offers hot drinks in vintage china and homemade cakes.
Co-owner Fran Hale said: “We had an amazing day – it could not have been better. We sold a lot of art and the tea room was very well received with compliments like “the best cake we have ever had” and a lot of people were saying that’s it’s great to see a proper old fashioned tea room.
“We have taken a large empty shop with no personality and transformed it into a fantastic gallery. The talent in Hertfordshire is staggering. The gallery area is clean, bright and contemporary which is in stark contrast to the indoor garden room at the front of the gallery.
You may also want to watch:
“The tea room is a visual treat and just the place to meet for a gentile hour with friends whilst surrounded by art. This really is a fabulous venue and deserves a closer look.”
Co-owner Val Cansick will be creating an art school in the large room upstairs with artists such as Jean Picton, Jill Winch and Peter Massey set to start a variety of classes in all mediums. She will be installing kilns for enamelling, bead work, glass fusing and sculpting as well as painting and drawing.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
For more information about the classes call Val on 07841 019339.