Arsonists strike again in Fairfield
- Credit: Archant
ARSONISTS have targeted a derelict building for a fourth time.
Firefighters were called to a blaze at properties at the Old Piggery, Hitchin Road, Fairfield, yesterday (Sunday).
Two crews from Biggleswade and one crew from Shefford were called at 7.14pm and an aerial platform was used to gain access to the roof.
The fire was brought under control by 9.19pm
Thirty per cent of the five two storey terrace houses were damaged which included the first floor and roof.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is thought the previous three fires in the last fortnight were started deliberately, this last fire is still being investigated.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed