Arsonists cause £2,000 damage to helter skelter in Stevenage play area
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists caused £2,000 worth of damage when they set a children’s play area helter skelter on fire.
Firefighters were called to Hampson Park in Stevenage at 5.12am last Wednesday to tackle the fire.
It was put out within 15 minutes but left the piece of play equipment seriously damaged.
Stevenage Borough Council carried out a costly revamp of the park in Webb Rise in 2009 and the news will come as a blow to the many children and their parents who use it.
Sgt Alison Hutchin is part of the Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team and is appealing to anyone who has information about the fire to get in touch with her.
You may also want to watch:
To speak to Sgt Hutchin call Herts police on 101. You can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair