Arsonist starts third car fire on street in months
A car was torched on a Stevenage street last night (Monday) – the third vehicle to go up in flames there in recent months.
A black Vauxhall Astra was targeted on Rockingham Way just before midnight, with the vehicle a fireball when firefighters arrived.
The fire was put out by 12.20am, with the fire crew and police on scene until after 1am.
Herts Fire Service said a flammable item had been placed under the car which was parked securely in an off road car park.
Herts Police confirmed there had been two other car fires in the street, but fire investigators classified these as electrical faults.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have launched an investigation into last night’s attack.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit