Arson investigation launched after ‘suspicious’ Stevenage house fire that saw one person hospitalised
One person was taken to hospital after a house fire in Stevenage late last night – and officers are investigating the ‘suspicious’ blaze as an arson.
Crews from Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City rushed to Tye End after being called at 1.16am in the early hours of this morning.
The fire was put out using a hosereel and two sets of breathing apparatus, and the house was ventilated afterwards.
Police and ambulance crews also attended the scene, and one person was taken to hospital.
A police scene guard remained in place until about 5am, and a force spokeswoman told the Comet this evening that officers thought the fire was suspicious and were investigating it as an arson.
You may also want to watch:
As of this evening, there have been no arrests.
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation should call the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference E1/17/1300, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit