Ex-Arsenal star Ian Wright supports Stevenage charity with hat hat-trick
- Credit: Archant
Former professional footballer Ian Wright has supported a Stevenage cancer charity by performing a hat-trick of a different kind.
Ian, who most famously played for Arsenal, bought three beanie hats from Cancer Hair Care’s social enterprise Twin Hats at a charity day at Champneys in Tring.
Cancer Hair Care on Middle Row supports chemotherapy patients who have lost their hair, and Twin Hats uses the profit made from selling woolly hats to supply free hats to children with cancer who have suffered hair loss.
The charity’s founder, Jasmin Julia Gupta, said: “After buying three striped beanie hats for himself, he treated his entire family to hats and knitted dollies with hats for his children.”
For more information about the charity or to make a purchase, visit cancerhaircare.co.uk or twinhats.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
• A pamper evening supported by local businesses and held earlier this month raised £1,091 for Cancer Hair Care.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal