Arrest after school ‘disturbance’ and helicopter search near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A man is in custody after a reported “disturbance” at a school in the countryside between Hitchin and Luton last night, following a police search involving a helicopter.
Herts police told the Comet officers rushed to the Yeshivas Ohr Torah rabbinical school at Wellbury House, near Little Offley, after reports of an incident at about 7.15pm.
“It was reported that three men had entered the premises and were acting in a threatening manner,” a force spokesman said.
“A search was carried out, with assistance from the police helicopter, and the arrest was made a short time later.
“The man remains in police custody at this time and enquiries are continuing. No-one was injured during the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said the man arrested is 19 years old and of no fixed abode, but likely from the North London area. He has been arrested on suspicion of assault and theft of a moped.
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round