Army of volunteers who mucked in at Baldock’s market double-header lauded for festive good will
- Credit: Archant
An army of volunteers who mucked in at Baldock’s market double-header at the weekend have been lauded for their festive good will.
Saturday’s Vintage and Christmas Fair saw the town packed with stalls, while entertainment was well catered for with music, a giant snow dome and a fun fair to boot.
The following day saw the return of the French Market and its wide array of continental traders selling goodies down the High Street.
Baldock Town Partnership director Fraser Valentine said: “Well what a great weekend we had despite the wind.
“I would especially like to thank the many great people who turned up in the High Street at 6am on Saturday to answer our request for help, and then again after 6pm – faith in humanity has been restored.
You may also want to watch:
“The Vintage and Christmas Fair was a roaring success.
“Thank you to St Mary’s Church for organising the Christmas carols and managing to get Father Christmas to come down and spend the day with us.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
“Thanks to all our traders on the day and a special thank you to Susie of Susie’s Vintage Warehouse, the Buddy Holly tribute was fantastic and so was Praise Be from St Mary’s Church headed by Baldock councillor Jim McNally.
“Sunday saw the return of the French Market with a superb selection of produce, hats, jewellery and curios.
“I personally would like to thank Conner Ogorman for all his assistance.”