Armed police detain man accused of entering Stevenage’s Lister Hospital armed with knife
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with common assault after allegedly going into Stevenage’s Lister Hospital armed with a knife.
Just before 1am on Monday morning police received reports that a man had been seen with a knife in Pirton Close, Stevenage, following a dispute with his neighbours.
He then went into the hospital in Coreys Mill Lane.
Armed police officers were called and quickly detained the man, who was arrested.
Herts police have issued a statement saying no-one had been injured in the incident, and the Comet understands the man did not enter any patient areas of the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Paul Gregory said: “I fully appreciate this incident may have caused concern in the local community, but I would like to reassure people that officers acted quickly to bring the situation under control and ensure the safety of all involved.”
Francis Rejek, of Brayes Manor in Stotfold, has been charged with common assault in connection with this incident. He was due to appear at court yesterday.
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Stevenage Borough Council
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Have you seen this wanted man?