Armed police detain man accused of entering Stevenage’s Lister Hospital armed with knife
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with common assault after allegedly going into Stevenage’s Lister Hospital armed with a knife.
Just before 1am on Monday morning police received reports that a man had been seen with a knife in Pirton Close, Stevenage, following a dispute with his neighbours.
He then went into the hospital in Coreys Mill Lane.
Armed police officers were called and quickly detained the man, who was arrested.
Herts police have issued a statement saying no-one had been injured in the incident, and the Comet understands the man did not enter any patient areas of the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Paul Gregory said: “I fully appreciate this incident may have caused concern in the local community, but I would like to reassure people that officers acted quickly to bring the situation under control and ensure the safety of all involved.”
Francis Rejek, of Brayes Manor in Stotfold, has been charged with common assault in connection with this incident. He was due to appear at court yesterday.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes