Armed gang raid home
FOUR armed men raided a house and threatened the occupants. They went in with an assortment of weapons including a baseball bat, knife, meat cleaver, hammer and black rubber mallet. The intruders demanded money from their four victims and searched the kit
FOUR armed men raided a house and threatened the occupants.
They went in with an assortment of weapons including a baseball bat, knife, meat cleaver, hammer and black rubber mallet.
The intruders demanded money from their four victims and searched the kitchen and bedrooms before making off with three mobile phones and various credit cards belonging to the victims, cash from a safe and a house phone.
Detective constable Lee Hill said: "This was a particularly callous incident which left four victims very shaken and one with minor injuries."
You may also want to watch:
The raiders, who all wore masks and leather gloves, struck in Western Way, Letchworth GC, between 7.30 and 7.45pm on Saturday, January 13, getting in through an insecure kitchen door.
One is described as a slim white male about 5ft 5in tall with a Mediterranean appearance who spoke in a local accent.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
The other three were black and spoke in a "street" type language. One was about 6ft 3in tall with a medium build, another was about 5ft 10in tall with a relatively large build and distinctive eyes and the other was about 5ft 9in tall with a medium build.
Police hunting the gang are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward. They are particularly keen to speak to two girls who were outside the house shortly after the incident as they could have vital information.
The number to ring is 01438 813849 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.