Arlesey Town to host Mitchell Cole Memorial Tournament
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Supporters Association (SSAFC) are holding their fifth Mitchell Cole Memorial Tournament on Saturday, May 13 at Arlesey Town FC.
The day will consist of a six-team tournament which involves SSAFC along with supporters’ teams from Barnet, Cambridge, London Carlisle and AFC Wimbledon. There is also a Cole XI team which Mitchell’s brother, Ben, will manage.
Money raised will be donated to Cardiomyopathy UK, a charity which helps people who suffer with Cardiomyopathy and offers support and information for those affected. Mitchell worked with the charity after having to retire from the game.
The games will last 21 minutes (Mitchell’s shirt number at Stevenage) and the winners will take home the Mitchell Cole Trophy, currently held by Barnet.
Organiser Keith Bell said: “Last year’s tournament saw us raise a fantastic £2,000 so to beat that total this year will be a tough task, but with everyone’s support I’m sure we can beat it.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope you all are able to come along and support this fantastic charity day in memory of Mitchell and the memories he gave us wearing the Stevenage shirt.”
Fundraising events include a raffle. Tickets are available for £1 from Keith Bell at email@example.com or 07773 718846.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years