Arlesey to host Stevenage friendly
Boro set to play at aRMadillo stadium in July as part of under-18s deal
Stevenage have arranged to play a friendly at Arlesey Town in July.
The move comes after the two clubs agreed Arlesey would host four Stevenage under-18s matches this season at the aRMadillo Stadium, starting on February 26 with a match against Leyton Orient.
Arlesey chairman Manny Cohen said: “Arlesey Town is located on the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire border making it an ideal location for Stevenage FC and their fans to travel to.
“We have excellent facilities and easy access to public transport link being two stops away from Stevenage by train. We look forward to welcoming Stevenage’s U18 team to our stadium and we hope they will regard it as their home too. We also hope that next season we will be able to be the venue for more of their home games.”
You may also want to watch:
Other matches to be played at Arlesey will be on March 12 and April 30. The date of the fourth match has not been confirmed yet.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction