Arlesey man given prison sentence for abusive and antisocial behaviour on on rail network
A 39-year-old Arlesey man known locally as Rat man has been jailed for two years and given a five-year antisocial behaviour order (ASBO after committing a number of offences on the railway. Allan Page, from Cox s Way who was often seen travelling around
A 39-year-old Arlesey man known locally as 'Rat man' has been jailed for two years and given a five-year antisocial behaviour order (ASBO after committing a number of offences on the railway.
Allan Page, from Cox's Way who was often seen travelling around the area with his white rat Rizla, was sentenced at Luton Crown Court on Friday.
Page pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated public order offence, which saw him racially abuse a member of rail staff at Peterborough railway station, and two counts of witness intimidation.
The ASBO, applied for by British Transport Police, precludes Page from carrying any live animals on any train or station. He is also barred from causing harassment, alarm or distress and begging on the rail network.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard how in July last year Page became abusive towards rail staff after failing to produce a valid ticket at Peterborough station. Page became aggressive, threatened violence and racially abused a Scottish member of staff.
After being arrested and bailed to return for questioning in connection with the incident, the court heard how Page twice went on to intimidate rail staff into not giving evidence against him in court.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Page was sentenced to 12 months in prison for the racially aggravated public order offence, with two further six month sentences imposed for witness intimidation to run consecutively.