Arlesey Fish & Chips shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Archant
Arlesey Fish and Chips has been named one of the top takeaways of its kind in central and southern England.
The takeaway in the town's High Street was shortlisted in the 2020 Fish and Chop Shop of the Year Award.
The shops which topped the table for central and southern England are Arlesey Fish and Chips, Luci & Lina Fish Bar, Bedford, Mike's Traditional Fish & Chips, Eastleigh, Hampshire and Walnut Tree Traditional Fish and Chips, Milton Keynes.
Owner Dragan Marjanovic said: "This is the fourth nomination in five years. I do it all for the customers and for this village.
"I think it's brilliant and we will continue to do the best for the customers."
The winner of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award will be announced at The National Fish & Chip Awards' 32nd anniversary ceremony in London on 23 January 2020.
To view the full shortlist visit: http://www.fishisthedish.co.uk/win/national-fish-chip-awards or follow @fishisthedish #FishnChipAwards.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns