Arlesey family ga-ga after baby’s song announced on air
A HARD rocking mum who emailed a national radio station while in labour to find a special song for her yet to be born child, has revealed her daughter’s ditty to The Comet.
Ema Cooper and partner Ian Plowright, of Church Lane, Arlesey, tuned into Absolute Radio while preparing for a home birth earlier this month.
The mother-of-two said: “We thought whatever song played at the time will be Evie’s song officially, but it didn’t go to plan.
“We missed it completely because I ended up in hospital.”
However the DJ, Leona Graham, played the song on her show the following week and revealed that the track played when Evie was born, weighing 8lb 8oz, on February 6, was Africa by Toto.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old said: “It wasn’t one we would have chosen but it’s a brilliant song, we’re fans of that entire genre.”
Miss Cooper says she would have preferred an AC/DC track and is glad that she did not give birth while the track that followed Toto played, Motorhead’s Ace of Spades, as it “is a bit heavy to give birth to”.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
“I don’t know if I would do it again but it’s a great idea and it’s really personal for the child to grow up with,” she said.