Letchworth theatre company awarded funding for ‘female voice’ project
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth theatre troupe is celebrating the town’s ‘female voice’ with a six month creative project – and you can apply now.
Imajica Theatre Company has been awarded funding from the Hertfordshire Community Foundation to run a six month project celebrating the ‘female voice of Letchworth Garden City.’
The group confirmed the news on Thursday: “We are excited to announce that we are looking for women with a connection to Letchworth who have an interest in the performing arts.
“Together you will research and create material that will be used to create a new musical production. We will explore the past, our current times and aspirations for the future.
“We will provide you with performing arts training with our artistic and musical directors, and there will be performance opportunities for those interested.”
You may also want to watch:
The group are on the hunt for women who are over 18 and have some previous experience in the performing arts – or are interested in theatre production, including backstage roles.
The project will be delivered remotely via online training and group zoom meetings, until it is safe to meet in person.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'