Application to build second drive-thru KFC restaurant in Stevenage approved
- Credit: Archant
An application to build a second drive-thru KFC restaurant in Stevenage has been approved.
All but one of the councillors attending Stevenage Borough Council’s planning committee meeting last week backed building the fast-food store at the Roaring Meg Retail Park.
The store would create up to 50 jobs and be located in the southern part of the park, next to the entrance and exit on Monkswood Way.
It would open from 6am to midnight seven days a week.
Councillor John Lloyd was the only member to vote against the plans.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The last thing I would want to see as I drive past the retail park is a large dead, fat American.
“I think it is absolutely awful and if it is not toned down I will reject it.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
It would be second KFC in the town, with one already based at Stevenage Leisure Park.