Appeal to take part in Reindeer Run
THE RNLI - Royal National Lifeboat Institution - is calling on people to take part in its annual fundraising Reindeer Run.
Suzie Warren from Henlow has already signed up for the 5km event, and there is also the option of a 10km run and a 1km Santa Saunter for younger children to take part in at the Woburn Abbey deer park venue.
Suzie, who has never taken part in a running event before, has already raised more than �500 in sponsorship for the lifeboat charity.
“I am a bit nervous because I have never done anything like this before, but I am excited to be taking part in the run and have been training as often as I can,” she said.
The event takes place next Sunday, with the 10km run starting at 10.30am and the 5km run starting at 11.45am. Participants are encouraged to wear reindeer antlers, which are free to those taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Explaining why she signed up for the event, 55-year-old Suzie said: “In the past I’ve always lived near the sea and I think the RNLI is such a valuable organisation.
“For me, it was the perfect opportunity to set myself a challenge whilst raising money for a worthy cause.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Entry is �18 for the 10km run, �16 for the 5km run and �7.50 for the 1km Santa Saunter.
To sign up, visit www.rnli.org.uk/reindeer