Appeal raises £800 for sick children
- Credit: Archant
An appeal to raise money for a new playroom for sick children to enjoy has received an £800 boost.
Nicola Prebble, owner of The White Wardrobe bridal shop in Hitchin, has presented a large cheque to the East and North Herts Hospitals’ Charity after holding a family fun day in aid of the Magic of Play Appeal.
The appeal aims to raise money for a new playroom at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The family fun day, held at The Sailor Boy pub in Hitchin in July, included a bouncy castle, face painting, a cake stall, nail art and an auction.
Nicola said: “We were over the moon we managed to raise £800 for the Magic of Play Appeal. Although it was hard work, it was a very rewarding experience and we are so pleased to help such a great local cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Doherty, fundraiser for the East and North Herts Hospitals’ Charity, said: “Nicola and her team worked incredibly hard to make this event such a success and £800 is an amazing achievement.
“Having a new playroom will make such a difference to the children the Lister hospital treats and we are really grateful to everyone who helped to raise this donation.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go