Appeal launched after vandals target private land near Hitchin Cricket Club for third time
- Credit: Archant
Vandals who have targeted private land near Hitchin Cricket Club are being targeted after fencing was damage for the third time last week.
Trespassers ripped off fence panelling and ‘private land’ signs – replacing it with their own – on land opposite Oughton Head Lane at some point between November 22 and Tuesday.
It follows another act of vandalism to get on to the land – when damage was caused to wire fencing, hedgerows and fence panels – which took place between August 1 and November 21.
In June last year a chain link fence was repeated struck so it collapsed, allowing the vandals to gain entry.
Investigating officer PC Johnie Streeter said: “I am appealing to anyone who has been in the areas during the stated times and has witnessed anyone acting suspiciously to please get in contact. I’d also like to speak to anyone who feels they may know the person responsible for these offences.
You may also want to watch:
“The vandalism has caused hundreds of pounds worth of damage to the fencing around the private land and a great deal of inconvenience to the owner.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Streeter on police non-emergency number or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision