Appeal launched after opportunistic thief takes advantage of Arlesey woman’s kindness to steal handbag
- Credit: Archant
Police have today launched an appeal to track down an opportunistic thief who took advantage of a woman’s kindness to steal a handbag from her Arlesey home.
The burglary took place at a property in The Rally, between 9am and 9.25am last Friday, February 3.
A man had knocked on the front door to ask the woman living there if he could take some items left in the front garden.
The victim agreed, and a short while later she saw the same man enter her garden and take a handbag from inside the kitchen, which was near the back door.
Det Con Emma King, who is investigating, said: “It appears as though this opportunist took advantage of the victim’s kindness in giving away their second-hand items, and seized the chance to steal.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal for anyone who has any information about the offence, or was approached by a man in the area on this day, to contact us with information. I’d also like to remind residents about keeping valuables out of sight and ensuring doors and windows are locked when not in use.”
If you have information you can call DC King on 101, quoting the reference JD/4750/2017. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair