Appeal launched after BMW windscreen smashed in unprovoked Letchworth attack
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched after a car’s windscreen was smashed in what police are describing as an unprovoked attack.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward after a blue BMW had its back windscreen smashed behind the owner’s house in Jarden, Letchworth.
The act of vandalism took place at some point between 5pm on December 16 and 5.15am the following morning.
PCSO Martin Barringer, who is investigating, said: “This was an unprovoked incident which has left the victim with the inconvenience of having to pay for a new rear windscreen at a time of year when money is often quite tight.
“This happened in a residential area and I am appealing for anyone who saw the incident or who saw anything suspicious around the times stated to get in contact with me.”
Anyone with any information can contact PCSO Barringer on police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 5 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 10 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'