Appeal for witnesses after woman indecently assaulted at Letchworth train station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a woman was indecently assaulted at a railway station.
British Transport Police (BTP) are investigating the incident which is believed to have taken place on a platform at Letchworth GC railway station between March 17-19.
A 35-year-old man, from Letchworth GC, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and been released on police bail until Friday, June 6.
Detective Constable Gerry Griffin said: “The victim was waiting for her train when she was assaulted. There were other people on the platform at the time and I’m hopeful that one of them may have witnessed what happened and will be able to help us with our investigation.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who saw this incident or who may have witnessed other inappropriate behaviour towards female passengers at this location.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040, text 61016. Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour