Appeal for victim to come forward after Letchworth assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are keen to trace the victim of an assault which took place in the early hours of this morning in Letchworth.
Officers were called around 4.30am to reports of an altercation involving a number of people outside a property in Grange Road.
Those involved had already left the scene when officers arrived, but they found evidence of an assault and they are now appealing for the victim to come forward.
Insp Mark Corkin, investigating, said: “We believe the person who was assaulted was injured as a result, and we need to speak to them as soon as possible as we have concern for their welfare.
“I want to reassure residents that officers are currently making enquiries in the area, as well as checking local hospitals and medical care centres to see if someone has presented with injuries consistent with being assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are the victim, or one of your family members or friends appears to have been assaulted, please let us know and encourage them to seek medical treatment as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 168 December 1, or report online at herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket