Appeal for memorabilia for Fairfield Hospital's 150th anniversary celebrations
LAST week we told you about the event to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the opening of what eventually became Fairfield Hospital. Now the man behind the celebrations is appealing to the public to get involved to make the event on June 20 at Stotfold M
LAST week we told you about the event to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the opening of what eventually became Fairfield Hospital.
Now the man behind the celebrations is appealing to the public to get involved to make the event on June 20 at Stotfold Memorial Hall a great success.
Richard Knight, 49, of Ashdown, Letchworth GC, wants to make the occasion very special so wants memories of the great building from those who worked there and any memorabilia linked to the old hospitals.
"We would like to know if anybody out there has any old video footage of any of the of old Fairfield Carnival days that were held in the 1980s," said Mr Knight.
You may also want to watch:
"Many stars of the day opened these events and I feel somebody somewhere must have some film of these events. We would like to show them on a big screen on the celebration day.
"Many thousands of people had a great day at Fairfield, so if you were one of those who filmed it give me a call."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Mr Knight is also looking for sponsors, especially an insurance company to help with the costs of the event. Those who support the event financially will be given billing on the website set up to highlight the hospital's history www.threecountiesdasylum.co.uk
"Also if anyone has any memorabilia they would like us to see they can bring it to show on the day. If you can't bring it along we can photograph it and show it at the event," added Mr Knight.
Pupils from Fairfield Park Lower School will be painting a special 150th celebration day banner to be displayed on the day.
Anyone wishing to help Mr Knight can call him on 01462 630912 or 079481 08093.