Appeal for information following series of petrol thefts
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a number of petrol thefts across the county have released images of a motorcyclist they would like to speak to in connection with their enquiries.
The thefts occurred at several petrol stations across Hertfordshire between September 2012 and June 2014.
All the thefts involved either a black Honda CBR Fireblade or an orange CBR Fireblade bike, believed to be ridden by the same person.
Thirteen thefts are currently being investigated which were committed in Hitchin, Hinxworth, Bishop’s Stortford, Northwood, St Albans, Hertford, Borehamwood and South Mimms.
Investigating officer, Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, said: “We would like to trace the rider pictured as they may have information which could assist with our investigation. I appreciate this is difficult as their face is covered but the bikes are quite distinctive. If anyone knows who this person is, please get in contact with me.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to hear from anyone who has information about the thefts.”
Anyone who knows the person pictured, or who has information about the thefts, is asked to contact PS Oliphant on the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.