Appeal for information following assault on woman in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN in her 60s had a can of drink thrown over her head in an unprovoked assault.
Police are appealing for information after a man in his 20s assaulted the victim in Baldock.
The alleged assault happened at around 12pm on Thursday (May 16) on Woodland Way, when the woman was standing outside the shops waiting for her husband to come out of the shops.
She was then approached by a man, who got out of a van and started a conversation with her.
He tried to take her bag and then threw a can of drink over her head before driving off in a silver pick-up truck.
You may also want to watch:
PC Gemma Scott, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a nasty and unprovoked incident and I am appealing to anyone who may have information to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Scott on 101 quoting crime reference number G3/13/196 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision