Appeal after fourth Stevenage arson attack in week
A CAR was set on fire in the Bedwell area of Stevenage yesterday (Tuesday) - the fourth similar attack in the space a week.
The incident took place in Homestead Moat at 12.15am. The fire was started underneath the vehicle, which was a blue BMW 320.
The fire was put out before it took hold, as the owner heard it and was able to stop it catching fully.
Police said that no formal link has been made between this offence and the three vehicle arson attacks last week, but added that they were looking into possibility that it could be the case.
DI Gary Atkinson said: “I am appealing to anyone who may have seen the incident take place or know who was involved to contact police. Did you see or hear any suspicious vehicles in the area around the time of the offence?”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain