Appeal after early-morning attack in Shefford leaves man with head and facial injuries
- Credit: Archant
A group of youths attacked two men in Shefford in the early hours of Saturday morning, leaving one in hospital with head and facial injuries.
The attack happened in Millennium Green Park at about 3am. The two victims were approached by a group of about seven youths, who engaged them in conversation before kicking and punching them.
Police said that it was thought at least some of the attackers made off down Bury Road. They are believed to be aged between 14 and 16, and are described as wearing dark clothing. Four had bikes.
One of the victims was taken to hospital with head and facial injuries.
Officers last night launched a public appeal for information. PC Antony Hurd, who is investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who saw any youths in the area acting suspiciously or who may have seen the victims after the attack.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with any information that could assist our enquiries who may be in the vicinity and has CCTV is urged to come forward.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting reference number JD/27112/2017, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit