Appeal after attempted robbery of 17-year-old in Stevenage underpass
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old was punched by a mugger who tried to pull his rucksack off his back in a Stevenage underpass yesterday evening, and detectives have today appealed for information.
The victim was walking through the underpass in Broadhall Way towards Oaks Cross at about 7pm when he was approached by a small group of teenagers, one of whom was riding a moped.
One of the teenagers demanded the 17-year-old’s trainers and tried to pull his rucksack off his back, then punched him.
The victim got away with his possessions and ran towards Broadhall Way.
The suspect is described as a black youth, aged about 17 or 18. He was wearing a black T-shirt and black trousers with grey trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Neil Davies, from the Stevenage local crime unit, said: “If you were in the area at the time and witnessed the attempted robbery we would like to hear from you.
“We would also like to speak to you if you saw a group of teenagers in the area at this time. One of the teenagers the offender was with was riding a moped.”
Anyone with any information which may help the enquiry should contact DC Neil Davies on 101, quoting crime reference number E1/17/6086, or report information online at contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Road closures following crash in Letchworth