Appeal after alleged Hitchin attempted robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information after an alleged attempted robbery in Hitchin last Monday.
A man in his twenties from Hitchin was approached by two boys in their mid teens, who allegedly threatened the man, before striking his head and attempting to steal a bag he was carrying.
But the teenagers were unsuccessful in grabbing the bag and ran off from the scene towards Benslow Lane. The victim was left with minor injuries.
Investigating officer, Pc Rachel Wells-Burr, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who were in the area at the time and saw any suspicious behaviour to get in contact as soon as possible.”
Two 16-year-old boys, one from Walkern and one from Hoddedson, have been arrested in connection with this incident.
You may also want to watch:
They have been released on bail and are due to return to Stevenage police station on February 20.
Anyone with information is asked contact the Pc Wells-Burr on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 citing crime reference number G1/11/368, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome