Anti-social drivers given warning by police in Letchworth
TWO men have been issued with warning notices for anti-social driving in Letchworth GC.Pc Quentin Lane and police community support officer Annie Penasa, who look after the Grange, had been working to identify the riders of an off road motorcycle and a q
TWO men have been issued with warning notices for anti-social driving in Letchworth GC.
Pc Quentin Lane and police community support officer Annie Penasa, who look after the Grange, had been working to identify the riders of an off road motorcycle and a quad bike following concerns from residents that they were being ridden in an anti-social manner.
They had a breakthrough with information recently received.
The two offenders, aged 19 and 26, have been issued with warning notices under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002.
If they continue to use their vehicles in such a manner as to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public they face having the vehicles seized.
Sergeant Steve Oliphant from the Letchworth Neighbourhood Team said: "We understand the implications incidents like this can have on communities and I would like to reassure residents we will use every power possible to tackle anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 9 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
"I would like to thank local residents for their help in this matter. Everyone has the right to enjoy a peaceful life and working together we can achieve this.