Anthrax on course for Knebworth
THRASH legends Anthrax will be playing at the Knebworth festival next weekend, despite pulling out of the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour. An additional seven European dates have also been cancelled due to new vocalist Dan Nelso
THRASH legends Anthrax will be playing at the Knebworth festival next weekend, despite pulling out of the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour.
An additional seven European dates have also been cancelled due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness.
The band has released this statement: "Anthrax is thrilled to announce that they will play Knebworth, with their good friend and ex-vocalist John Bush joining them for a very special one off performance.
"The members of Anthrax have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson.
You may also want to watch:
"In light of this development, Anthrax's slot on the US Slipknot dates set for August and September has also been cancelled.
"Anthrax is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and looks forward to hitting the road before the end of the year."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
Yorkshire goth metal pioneers Paradise Lost have also been added to the Sonisphere Festival line-up.
Frontman Nick 'Moans' Holmes said: "Really excited about playing the festival as we haven't played the UK for a while!
"It'll be an early show - I just hope the crowd consists of more than just milkmen, postmen and earthworms!"
Finally, ABBA aficionado Bjorn Again will be delivering a set of classic ABBA tracks, with a hard rock/heavy metal style!