Another round for landlords
PUB regulars celebrated the success of a petition to bring back their landlords after they were re-appointed by a brewery. Customers of The Pied Piper, in Oaks Cross, Stevenage, were dismayed when landlords Gloria and Allen Foulds were relocated to anothe
PUB regulars celebrated the success of a petition to bring back their landlords after they were re-appointed by a brewery.
Customers of The Pied Piper, in Oaks Cross, Stevenage, were dismayed when landlords Gloria and Allen Foulds were relocated to another pub and over 70 people signed a petition asking for their return.
Regular Denise Lawler said: "There was nothing wrong with the new pub landlords but we missed Gloria and Allen and we wanted them back.
"We phoned the brewery and they said it's not their policy to bring previous landlords back to pubs but they changed their minds when we submitted our petition."
The husband and wife duo, who had been landlords at The Pied Piper for over four years, left the pub in July but were back behind the bar last week.
Gloria said: "We are so pleased and touched by the response we have had from our regulars.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
"It is unheard of for a brewery to put landlords back into a pub once they have left. We are so happy to be back.