‘Another metre and it would have smashed through a house’ – Aston Martin in three-car Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
A three-car shunt involving a powerful Aston Martin sports saloon in Hitchin could have ended in disaster, according to a passer-by.
The three vehicles including a Peugeot 107 and a Ford Focus crashed in Old Park Road in the town just after 1pm yesterday, Sunday.
A passer-by who witnessed the aftermath of the incident told the Comet: “The Ford Focus had ridden the pavement and smashed through a garden wall.
“It finished just shy of a house wall.
“If it had gone on another metre it would have smashed through the house itself.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully it wasn’t as serious as it could have been – but I’m not surprised by what happened as cars fly along there far too fast.”
No-one was injured and the road was cleared by 2.40pm.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire