Angry former Geo W King workers to hold protest meeting today over no redundancy pay
ANGRY former Geo W King workers in Letchworth GC will be meeting today (Thursday) and demanding redundancy payments they claim they are owed. Thirty workers will be joined in the protest meeting at the Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Norton Way South, Letchwort
ANGRY former Geo W King workers in Letchworth GC will be meeting today (Thursday) and demanding redundancy payments they claim they are owed.
Thirty workers will be joined in the protest meeting at the Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Norton Way South, Letchworth GC, by Hertfordshire Euro MP Richard Howitt, county councillor Nigel Agar and UNITE union representative Tony Ellingford.
The workers are struggling to get redundancy payments either from Geo W King or Luton's IBC Vans where they were transferred to while the Letchworth GC company was closing down.
Now Mr Howitt, who has championed workers' rights in the European Parliament, is calling on both companies to urgently act on redundancy payments or face possible legal action under European law.
You may also want to watch:
"These Letchworth GC workers and their families have simply been disowned and ditched, left swinging between two companies without money or a job," said Mr Howitt.
"What is happening here with workers left stranded is simply unacceptable.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030