Angel appears ‘inn’ Hitchin town as an apostrophe vaults away
- Credit: Archant
A pub chain is putting the finishing touches to its new premises in Hitchin due to open next month.
Wetherspoons is set to open their its establishment in Sun Street on Tuesday, March 10 – and the name is The Angel Vaults’ Inn – a slight change from signage put up last week which read The Angels’ Vaults.
Pub manager Amy Smith, 25, explained: “The apostrophe was taken off the first sign. I can confirm our official name will be: ‘The Angel Vaults’ Inn’.
“I’m from London originally but I now live in Hitchin. I love it as it’s so quirky. We’re looking forward to complementing other pubs.
“We plan to be very family-orientated, and a place where people can eat and drink, as well as offering a good night out. We’ll also have a beer garden holding up to 200 people – which will be a nice place to socialise on a summer’s evening.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve kept many original features in the building, and have employed 75 people from Hitchin and the surrounding areas to work in the pub.
“We plan to have a soft launch and are inviting local people and businesses to have a look on Friday, March 6, through to Sunday, March 8. We’re all very excited about it.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?