And the winner is...double raffle by NHS staff is a boost for Herts charity
- Credit: Archant
Health service workers have provided a double boost to a countyside charity that helps blind and partially-sighted people.
The Herts Community NHS Trust has donated nearly £600 to support the work of the Hertfordshire Society for the Blind after two successful raffles.
The first took place at the Trust’s fifth anniversary celebrations and the second was held during a festive lunch ‘bring and share event’ at its headquarters in Welwyn Garden City.
The charity will use the money raised towards the publication of their newsletter and a social club for people with sight loss.
Outreach support worker Vanessa Macdonald said: “We are absolutely delighted to receive this money. It will go to very good use, adding great benefit to the lives of local visually impaired people.”
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Weir, who organised the ‘bring and share’ event, said: “We try to raise money for a different local charity each year. We invited Vanessa to the event where she gave staff a short speech about the work they do.
“Staff were very generous and we are pleased to be able to contribute in this way.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket