An Angel all set to appear without a King in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A well-known pub chain have confirmed the opening date of their new pub in Hitchin.
The Angel Vaults, to be based in Sun Street is set to start pulling pints in March.
Wetherspoons spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We are very much looking forward to opening in Hitchin on March 10. We’re confident people in Hitchin will welcome the pub – and it will be a great addition to the town’s social scene for many years to come.”
Meanwhile, another Hitchin pub has had plans to open blocked for the time being.
The planning committee of North Hertfordshire District Council has voted in favour of deferring a decision on the refurbishment of the Kings Arms in Bucklersbury.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Paul Clark said: “I’m disappointed. They’re looking from a blank piece of paper. It needs a balanced approach. It will be a positive addition to the night-time economy.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years