American author who moved to Letchworth four years ago set to release her second romantic novel
- Credit: Archant
An American author on the verge of releasing her second romantic novel is in love with the town she moved to from New York four years ago.
Ashley Curran made the trip across the Atlantic Ocean to England in 2012 to live with her husband David in a house just off Spring Road in Letchworth.
Transatlantic romance was a big influence on her first novel, Heart Like Stone, which a close friend described as ‘perfect for 50 Shades of Grey fans who treasure heartfelt romance’.
The 29-year-old said: “My first book of the romance trilogy was inspired by the love story between my husband and myself – although the book is fiction.
“It follows the hard road an intercontinental couple face between each other if they really are destined to be together.”
You may also want to watch:
Ashley’s second novel, Heart Like Gold, is due for release in spring and continues the story of Breanna Watson and British doctor Michael Stone as they embark on life as a married couple, only to discover that love is full of imperfections.
Ashley, whose husband is a business manager for Barclays, has always loved writing, and finds time for it when she is not working part-time for travel company TUI in Welwyn Garden City and studying English literature and creative writing in Oxford University’s continued education programme.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“Writing was always a hobby of mine, but moving to a new country where I didn’t know anyone gave me a huge opportunity to spend more time developing my talent,” she said.
“It took me a while to adjust to a new country and the surroundings, but I am in love with Letchworth.
“The close knit town and vibrant atmosphere is the perfect home away from home for me.
“We live within walking distance of the town centre which is perfect for a day out with my two-year-old son Lennon.”
If you would like to read Ashley’s debut novel, search for Heart Like Stone on Amazon where it can be purchased in paperback form or for Kindle devices.