New member co-opted onto Sandy Town Council
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new face on Sandy Town Council, after a member was co-opted on Monday last week.
There were three candidates for co-option to one vacancy in the Pinnacle Ward of the town, and Amanda Gibson was given the role.
Councillor Gibson was born and brought up in Sandy and has lived in the town most of her life, having either worked in the town or commuted from the town for much of her career.
A town council spokesman said: “Councillor Gibson, who is especially interested in conservation of our wonderful countryside around Sandy and in improving infrastructure and leisure facilities in the town, is looking forward to representing the residents of Sandy and supporting her local community.”
The next full town council meeting is on December 10 at town hall in Cambridge Road.
You may also want to watch:
For the full timetable of meetings, and for more information on Sandy Town Council go to www.sandytowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go