Altrincham will be no pushovers - Westley
Boro boss Graham Westley has warned his players not to expect an easy ride when Altrincham come to The Lamex Stadium tomorrow. Boro saw their winning streak brought to a halt with a 1-1 draw against Grays at the weekend and the 41-year-old believes his p
Boro boss Graham Westley has warned his players not to expect an easy ride when Altrincham come to The Lamex Stadium tomorrow.
Boro saw their winning streak brought to a halt with a 1-1 draw against Grays at the weekend and the 41-year-old believes his players will have to substantially improve upon that performance to strengthen their position at the business end of the Blue Square Premier.
"Altrincham have made a tremendous start and it really hasn't surprised me because they have got some very good players," Westley told The Comet.
"They are a very energetic side and they have got a good record away from home so it's certainly not going to get any easier for us."
You may also want to watch:
Boro missed out on the chance to increase the pressure on the teams around them in the table with both Luton Town and Oxford tasting defeat in the week.
But Westley insists he is not interested in what other sides are doing and is merely concentrating on his own playing squad to keep concocting a winning formula.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
"We are not too worried about what everyone else is doing," he added. "We know that if we win our games then we will be up there in the table - it's as simple as that.