Altrincham boss fires warning
Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote has warned his players they must improve on recent performances if they are to bring Boro s nine-match winning streak to an end. Heathcote s men battled to a 1-0 victory against Woking in their last outing but the Robins
Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote has warned his players they must improve on recent performances if they are to bring Boro's nine-match winning streak to an end.
Heathcote's men battled to a 1-0 victory against Woking in their last outing but the Robins manager expects his squad to raise their game for the visit of the Blue Square Premier's in-form side.
"We've been getting the results in the last three games but we haven't been playing as well as I would expect," said Heathcote. "There seems to be an air of panic when we're on the ball at the moment and if we are like that against Stevenage then we will be in for a difficult afternoon.
"They are playing with the kind of confidence that you would expect of a side on a 16-match unbeaten run."
Boro meanwhile are sweating on the fitness of Ronnie Henry and Darren Murphy after both limped out of Tuesday night's 1-0 win over Woking.
Michael Bostwick is likely to be pushed into central midfield with Jon Ashton earning his first start at the heart of the defence alongside Mark Roberts while Lawrie Wilson will fill in at right back.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening