All set to rock out to support forces charity Help for Heroes
- Credit: Archant
A Clifton rocker has organised a charity concert for Help for Heroes, after many years of running similar shows for Cancer Research UK.
Gary ‘Gazz’ Henderson’s latest charity show Rock for Heroes which will see live musical performances, kids’ rides and more at Haynes Village Hall, between Shefford and Bedford, on Saturday July 14.
He told the Comet: “It started off with us doing concerts for cancer research every year. Last year we raised £3,000, so I decided to do it for another charity – a friend of mine who is former army suggested Help for Heroes.
“We’ll have some funfair rides, a burger wagon and some surprise guests – people who come along will be pretty amazed”
Among those performing are local artists Barnyard Junkies, Jenyo Afternoon, Anthony Clampo and Pete Thomson Project.
You may also want to watch:
The performances will start from 1.30pm and go on until around 11pm. Entry will cost £10 on the door, with under-16s getting in free of charge.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair