All roads lead to Bikefest 2012
Stunt riders, racing teams and trials bikers will be on show at a county motorbike show today (Sunday).
Herts Bikefest 2012 will have riding displays as well as over 40 exhibitors at the Herts Fire Service Longfield Training Centre on Hitchin Road, Stevenage.
Now in its fourth year, the event is organised by Herts County Council to promote road safety.
Community safety portfolio holder at County Hall, Cllr Richard Thake, said: “This is a fun event with a very serious message – and the ultimate aim of reducing road related injuries and fatalities.
“Bikefest will encourage motorcyclists to continue to invest time and money into improving their skills, knowledge and experience through assessed riding events, such as BikeSafe, membership of advanced motorcycle groups and getting involved in organised track days. It is also a great way for those who don’t ride motorbikes to understand more about sharing the road with motorcyclists safely.”
You may also want to watch:
The free event kick starts at 10am until 4pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket