All hands to the pump for Letchworth beer festival
IT’S been all hands to the pumps this week as volunteers prepare for an annual beer festival.
This year’s Letchworth Beer and Cider Festival opened at 5pm tonight (Thursday) at its new home, the Green House Community Market in the town centre.
North Herts CAMRA volunteers have been getting to grips with their new surroundings in Station Road while installing the many barrels that will keep the beer flowing through to Saturday.
The festival, which until the move had been held at Plinston for many years, will stock more than 50 real ales, as well as ciders and perries
Tonight’s festivities close at 11pm, reopening between midday and 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the festival costs �2.50 but is free to CAMRA members. For more visit www.camranorthherts.org.uk
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket