Alien prototype sent to Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG girl who is recovering from cancer has been given a prototype toy which she identified with after losing her hair.
Lily Beecham, from Stevenage, was diagnosed with leukaemia two and a half years ago and has just completed a succesful period of treatment.
While receiving chemotherapy which caused the loss of her hair, the four-year-old saw an Argos advert on television featuring a family of blue aliens.
“She saw the first advert of the aliens having a barbecue in the summer and said ‘look mummy, they’re the same as me’,” said mum Kelly, who lives with Lily, son Jay, 11, and daughter Layla, 12.
The 30-year-old decided to write to Argos about Lily’s reaction and the retailer has since sent her daughter a prototype of a cuddly toy which is expected to go on general sale in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly added: “I didn’t think she’d receive anything but Lily was over-the-moon when it came in the post. She was really excited and calls the aliens her friends.
“It’s been really hard the last couple of years but she’s always been happy and smiled throughout.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
Following treatment, Lily, who attends Giles Nursery School, will now have monthly check-ups at Lister Hospital’s cancer clinic in Stevenage.