Ale lovers urge punters to get down the local
A WEEK of celebrating pubs starts this weekend. The first Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA) Hertfordshire Local Pubs Week begins this Saturday with the aim of bringing communities together by encouraging people to visit their local. The group has selected 3
A WEEK of celebrating pubs starts this weekend.
The first Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA) Hertfordshire Local Pubs Week begins this Saturday with the aim of bringing communities together by encouraging people to visit their local.
The group has selected 35 pubs across the county for their commitment to serving real ale and support of local brewers and set up a 'passport' scheme to encourage drinkers to search them out.
"Our aim is to show people in Hertfordshire that there are a number of wonderful pubs on their doorstep which without community support are in danger of dying out in the current economic climate." CAMRA spokesman, Iain Loe, said, "By introducing a passport scheme for the week, we hope locals will be encouraged to get out and see these great pubs and give them the support they deserve."
You may also want to watch:
Customers can collect passport stamps in participating pubs when they order a pint of real ale. When they have visited 10 pubs and collected their individual stamps they will receive a free pass to Herts beer festival of their choice.
For more info on the pubs involved go to www.camranorthherts.org.uk
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals