Albrighton delighted with another promotion
MARK ALBRIGHTON was delighted to add another promotion to his CV despite his own disappointment at not playing regularly. The 34-year-old has been excellent when called upon by Graham Westley this season including a Man of the Match display in Boro s impo
MARK ALBRIGHTON was delighted to add another promotion to his CV despite his own disappointment at not playing regularly.
The 34-year-old has been excellent when called upon by Graham Westley this season including a Man of the Match display in Boro's important 1-0 win at Wrexham and the defender was pleased he's been able to make a contribution to the team's success.
He said: "It's been a disappointing season personally because I've not played that much but I'm chuffed for the lads and the whole squad for winning the league.
"I think I've made 19 appearances this year and not lost so I've contributed a lot but I'm just disappointed personally at not playing a lot of games.
"Every time I've come in I've done well it's just the squad has been so good and I've been unfortunate that I've not been playing as regularly as I'd wanted to."
Boro's Blue Square Premier success was Albrighton's third promotion and the former Doncaster Rovers man is targeting adding to that figure.
- 1 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 6 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 7 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Long lost family of WWII pilot finally found after newspaper appeal
"That's my third promotion, two with Doncaster and now with Stevenage, and hopefully there's quite a few more to come.
"I'm 34 now but I've still got a lot left in me I think."
Albrighton picked up a personal accolade recently winning a Soccer AM t-shirt after hitting the crossbar in the television show's Crossbar Challenge.
"That was brilliant, going on Soccer AM and doing the crossbar challenge," explained Albrighton.
"I've done it before a few years ago and hit the corner flag but going in for it this week, I was down as a favourite and I produced.