Akins set to miss two months following surgery
- Credit: Archant
Winger has not played for Stevenage since the opening match of the season
Lucas Akins is likely to be out for a further two months following surgery on his ankle last week.
The winger, who has not featured for the club since the opening day of the season, has been suffering from a ‘bony growth which has been causing him pain with ball striking,’ according to club physio Paul Dando.
Stevenage will also be without the services of Darius Charles for some time after the striker suffered an ankle ligament injury against Everton last week.
The frontman was substituted in the Capital One Cup encounter, and was on crutches at the Lamex Stadium on Saturday watching Boro take on Bradford City.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Hills is back in training following a hamstring injury while Sam Wedgbury (groin) and Ben Chorley (groin) are on the comeback trail following injury.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5